LUNCH TODAY: CHERRY CHICKEN, HAMBURGER PIZZA, NEBRASKA BUN
LUNCH TOMORROW: SPAGHETTI & MEAT/MARINARA SAUCE, MEXI PIZZA, SHREDDED CHICKEN CARNITAS
HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW: CHEESE OMELET POCKET BREAD
- Congratulations to this week’s Fine Dining winners: 6th grade, Addie Holz and Izzy Bush; 7th grade, Leo Goldberg and Tommy Santillan ; 8th grade, Grant Wehrman and Amanda McWilliams! Please stop by the front office today during your lunch and see Ms. Candace.
- All School Musical Cast – if you have not voted for your t-shirt preference, see Mrs. Oltman today after school or tomorrow before school to get your voice heard.
- Craft Club meets on Thursday in Mrs. Flamme’s room at 3:05. New members are welcome.
- Interested in a unique and challenging high school experience? Arts & Humanities invites you to come to their Open House on Thursday, November 8from 6-7 p.m. Meet teachers and students, take a tour, and ask questions. Visiting is a great opportunity to see in-depth everything Arts & Humanities has to offer you. Please call Bobbi at 402-436-1785 with any questions.
- Are you or someone you know interested in attending Science Focus Program? The Science Focus Program Open House/Informational Night for prospective students will be held on Wednesday 7th in the lower level of Camelot Commons at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo:
First session 6:00-7:00 PM
Second session 7:00-8:00 PM
- Do you have a song request for DJ Haws for the First Quarter Hangout next Friday? If so, go to the LPS home page and type in the jump code RQPC to give your request. You must know both the song title and the artist or band that plays the song, and all song requests must be appropriate to play at school. Please submit all requests by Wednesday, October 31 by the end of the school day. Please see Mr. Haws in Room 221 if you have any questions.
- The 1st Quarter Hangout will take place this Friday after school from 3:00-4:00 p.m. There will be music by DJ Haws, various game stations, and open gym in the new gym. Concessions will also be sold from 3:30-4:00: pizza for $2 a slice, pop for 50 cents a can, and popcorn for 50 cents a bag. Be sure to bring your money (no bills larger than $10). If you do attend, please be sure to tell your rides to pick you up at 4:00. To see if you have met the eligibility criteria, please check the lists in the cafeteria. Finally, any students assigned to Team Time or Achievement Zone on Friday must attend prior to attending the Hangout. We hope to see you at the 1st Quarter Hangout!
- Student Vote is tomorrow. Make sure your chromebooks are charged so you’ll be able to use them to vote. 6th grade students will vote in either Science or Social Studies, 7th grade students will vote during your 4/5 block and 8th grad students will vote during the 1/2 block.
- This is the last week to bring canned food and non-perishable food donations for the Food Bank of Lincoln’s Food Fight. Donations can be dropped off through this Friday in the following teachers’ classrooms: 6th Grade: Mrs. Steckelberg and Mrs. Schartz; 7th Grade: Mr. Haws and Mrs. Kiser; 8th Grade: Mr. McClenahan and Mrs. Dean. The winning grade will receive extra recess time on a date in November determined by Mr. C. For a complete list of needed items, please go to lincolnfoodbank.org or see Miss Pauley in Room 227. Let’s help Lefler be one of the top three schools at the end of the competition!
- Lefler’s Spirit Week continues this week in celebration of the upcoming 1st Quarter Hangout. Each day will have a different “spirit theme”, and both students and staff are encouraged to participate. There will be prizes for the best student and staff spirit gear for each theme, so be sure to get your picture taken at lunch today by a Student Council member if you feel you are wearing the best Student/Teacher Swap Day outfit! Tomorrow’s theme will be Crayon Day! Come dressed head to toe in your favorite color! Dress code rules apply.