LUNCH TODAY: SOFT SHELL BEEF TACO, SUB SANDWICH, CHEF SALAD
LUNCH TOMORROW: CHERRY CHICKEN, HAMBURGER PIZZA, NEBRASKA BUN
HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW: BREAKFAST BAR
- Today is a PLC day! School will dismiss @ 1:38. Plan your rides accordingly.
- Craft Club meets on Thursday in Mrs. Flamme’s room at 3:05. New members are welcome.
- Interested in a unique and challenging high school experience? Arts & Humanities invites you to come to their Open House on Thursday, November 8from 6-7 p.m. Meet teachers and students, take a tour, and ask questions. Visiting is a great opportunity to see in-depth everything Arts & Humanities has to offer you. Please call Bobbi at 402-436-1785 with any questions.
- Are you or someone you know interested in attending Science Focus Program? The Science Focus Program Open House/Informational Night for prospective students will be held on Wednesday 7th in the lower level of Camelot Commons at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo:
First session 6:00-7:00 PM
Second session 7:00-8:00 PM
- Do you have a song request for DJ Haws for the First Quarter Hangout next Friday? If so, go to the LPS home page and type in the jump code RQPC to give your request. You must know both the song title and the artist or band that plays the song, and all song requests must be appropriate to play at school. Please submit all requests by Wednesday, October 31 by the end of the school day. Please see Mr. Haws in Room 221 if you have any questions.
- The 1st Quarter Hangout will take place this Friday after school from 3:00-4:00 p.m. There will be music by DJ Haws, various game stations, and open gym in the new gym. Concessions will also be sold from 3:30-4:00: pizza for $2 a slice, pop for 50 cents a can, and popcorn for 50 cents a bag. Be sure to bring your money (no bills larger than $10). If you do attend, please be sure to tell your rides to pick you up at 4:00. To see if you have met the eligibility criteria, please check the lists in the cafeteria. Finally, any students assigned to Team Time or Achievement Zone on Friday must attend prior to attending the Hangout. We hope to see you at the 1st Quarter Hangout!
- Student Vote is this week. On Thursday you’ll be voting for Governor, Senator and member of the House of Representatives. Be prepared so you are ready to vote on Thursday.
- This is the last week to bring canned food and non-perishable food donations for the Food Bank of Lincoln’s Food Fight. Donations can be dropped off through this Friday in the following teachers’ classrooms: 6th Grade: Mrs. Steckelberg and Mrs. Schartz; 7th Grade: Mr. Haws and Mrs. Kiser; 8th Grade: Mr. McClenahan and Mrs. Dean. The winning grade will receive extra recess time on a date in November determined by Mr. C. For a complete list of needed items, please go to lincolnfoodbank.org or see Miss Pauley in Room 227. Let’s help Lefler be one of the top three schools at the end of the competition!
- Lefler’s Spirit Week will be taking place this week in celebration of the upcoming 1st Quarter Hangout. Each day will have a different “spirit theme”, and both students and staff are encouraged to participate. There will be prizes for the best student and staff spirit gear for each theme, so be sure to get your picture taken at lunch today by a Student Council member if you feel you are sporting the best Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Week spirit gear! Tomorrow’s theme will be Student/Teacher Swap Day! Students, dress professionally like a teacher, or dress like your favorite Lefler teacher, staff member, or administrator! Teachers and staff, channel your inner middle schooler and come dressed as a student! Dress code rules apply.
- A reminder that no Halloween costumes are allowed in school tomorrow. Any outfit worn for Wednesday’s Spirit Week theme must directly tie into Teacher/Student Swap Day, or students will be asked to change clothes.