LUNCH TODAY: SOFT SHELL BEEF TACO, BREADED PORK SANDWICH, SUB SANDWICH, CHEESY TACO
LUNCH TOMORROW: ORANGE CHICKEN, PERSONAL 3-MEAT PIZZA, SRIRACHA FISH SANDWICH, FALAFEL
HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW: CHICKEN SAUSAGE PANCAKE SANDWICH
- This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! Lefler appreciates our teachers and all they do to shape the lives of our students each and every day. Thank you for your continuous effort and hard work!
- Congratulations to all of the track athletes for a wonderful season! Special congratulations to the 7th Grade Boys Team for Winning the City Track Meet! Two 7th grade boys broke the city meet record in the long jump, Sam Cappos jumped 18’1″, and Kaalo Evan jumped 16’3″ winning first and second place. Sam Cappos also set new meet records and placing first in the Shot Put throwing 44’7″, and 100 Meter Run, 12.17 seconds, and placed first in the 200 meter run! Kaalo Evans set another meet record in the 100 Meter Hurdles at 17.14 seconds! Amanda McWilliams placed first in the high jumped clearing 4’6″. Mohammad Adam placed second in the high jump. Cali Hardesty placed second in the shot put. Ian Nebesniak placed third in the shot put. Aderha Leypoldt placed third in the 100 meter hurdles.
- All 8th Grade Band students: remember to bring instruments home today after school. report to Scott MS at 6:00, warm-up 6:30, perform at 7:00. Best wishes.
- Congratulations to our 17 sixth graders who participated in the Mayor’s Run this past weekend. Great effort! Way to represent Lefler!
- A friendly reminder to all Student Council members to sign up for a food or flatware item to bring to the end-of-the-year breakfast. The sign up is on the Google Classroom page. Please sign up by this Friday at the end of the day. See Miss Pauley if you have any questions.
- Student Council’s final fundraising event for the year is the Pay the Price Challenge! For the next two weeks, you can bring any spare change or paper bills to put in your grade’s jar at the Student Council table during lunch. You may also bring your money to the main office before school. Be sure to tell Miss Candace, Miss Nancy, or Mr. Bruce which grade’s jar you want to put your money into. The grade with the highest total will have some of their grade’s teachers participate in the Pie Face challenge! We can’t wait to see which grade wins!
- Attention 8th graders attending Lincoln High next year! Are you looking for a way to participate in a sport this fall, but don’t want to play volleyball, football, or boys golf? Are you a wrestler or soccer player that wants to be in top physical condition for your sports seasons later in the school year? Are you inspired to also participate when you see runners on the bike trail or see the Lincoln Marathon each year? Are you looking for a diverse group of people who are very welcoming and want to work hard to do well together? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then Lincoln High Cross-Country might be the right fit for you! Coach Bax will be here this Wednesday during 8th grade lunch in the Media Center to share information with you including our summer training schedule, what a typical cross-country season looks like, and how to benefit from free physicals for LHS athletes. Hope to see you then!
- Are you good at solving puzzles? Do you have a future in cryptography? The Lefler Newspaper staff is sponsoring a “Crack the Code” challenge. Read the Lefler paper or ask a member of the newspaper club for a printed copy of the puzzle. Clues will be posted in the hall, or use your skills as a cryptographer to decode the message on your own! Prizes will be awarded! Submit decoded message to room 225.
- Interested in being in marching band but don’t play an instrument? Then join the LSE color guard where everyone is welcome! Southeast Color guard tryouts will be held today through May 10th from 5:30-8:30 in South gym. If you have any questions contact LSEColorGuard@gmail.com hope to see you there!
- All City Girls Choir auditions are on May 15 at Lincoln Southeast High School. All interested 6th & 7th grade girls should see Mrs.Oltman or pick up information in the office.