LUNCH TODAY: CREAMY MAC & CHEESE, GRILLED CHICKEN NUGGETS, CHEESEBURGER PARADISE SANDWICH, HUMMUS
LUNCH TOMORROW: BBQ CHICKEN, CHEESE PIZZA, CHILI
HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW: PANCAKE & TURKEY SAUSAGE ON A STICK
- Congratulations to this week’s Fine Dining winners: 6th grade, Jack Harris and Ennessa Orlov; 7th grade, Grant Wehrman and Izjeilah Love; and 8th grade, Savannah Schutte. Please stop by the front office and see Ms. Candace today during your lunch.
- No percussion lessons Wednesday or Thursday. Mr. Shuda will meet again January 10 and 11″
- Any Student Council member who wants to deliver donations to the Capital Humane Society should plan on meeting in Room 227 after school this Friday by 3:10 p.m. You must have your own ride to and from the Capital Humane Society.
- Manga Club will meet Thursday after school.
- Lunch in the Library is also this Thursday. Get your “Golden Ticket” from your English teacher.
- Attention 8th Graders: Please check the list posted in the cafeteria to see what high school you are assigned to based on your address. You may attend any high school, but if you are planning to attend a high school other than your home high school, you must turn in a school choice form. These were mailed to you in the past week or you can pick one up in the Counseling Center. Choice forms are due by January 31st. You can turn them into the Counseling Center or send them directly to the district office. If you haven’t decided which high school you would like to attend, there are information nights at each one coming up in January. Those dates are also posted in the cafeteria. If you have questions, please see Ms. Sturek.
- Lefler is working on reorganizing the student newspaper and wants many students to become involved. Currently we have openings for editors, photographers, cartoonists, columnists, and reporters. Do you read books, watch movies, or play video games? Maybe you could write reviews. Are you active in sports, CLC, or Student Council? Maybe you could report the latest news. All interested students should attend the informational meeting January 8th from 3 – 4 in room 225. Editors should plan to meet every Monday, but reporters and other contributors may submit assigned stories even if they are not able to attend Monday meetings regularly.
- The 2nd Quarter Hang-Out criteria: no F’s; no OSS/ISS; no Team Focus; no more than 1 out-of-class movements; no more than 2 tardies (not counting 1st).
- Lefler yearbooks are on sale in the office. You can reserve your copy for $18!
- Intramural Drama, Speech and Debate is accepting registrations for all interested 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. A family information session will be held at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Southeast High School in the auditorium. Please see the main office or your English teacher for more information or to pick up a registration form. Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.
- The LPS Oral Spelling Bee will be Saturday, February 10, 2018 at Culler Middle School. The Spelling Bee is open to students in grades 5-8. More information is available in the main office or from your English teacher. Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.